Students at Sherman Institute, 1919. Courtesy Sherman Indian High School, Riverside CA.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Browsing msn.com

This looks like its straight out of the 80's


I just logged onto a computer and the default msn.com homepage showed an article titled "Is there a better way for your child to learn?"

Link Here

The link to the article brings you to a a webpage that looks like a split between youtube and a company profile. The webpage starts a video when you arrive. A short haired woman in her mid 40's starts telling you the differnt kinds of learning your child may have -visual, auditory, physical- and emphasizes the importance in understanding this for the sake of your childs learning.



Just look at the catagories it offers. Who does this benefit? Who does it not benefit? What does the womans race and economic status say? Im really curious what you see in this.




I thought I'd unleash our class here for some analysis. What do you think of the link? What about the ideas they are talking about? What do you think about the fact that this was located on MSN.com, a mainstream media conglomerates homepage?

No comments: